Torta chilena is the best desert for children's birthday parties.
Torta ChilenaTorta chilena is the best desert for children's birthday parties.Okre
Sticks of butter
Cans of 3
Water, ice cold
1 1/2 Cups
Cream of tartar
- The first seven ingredients are for the cake mix. The last 5 ingredients are for the frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- First we prepare the cake mix. In a processor, incorporate the flour, sugar, salt and the butter. Mix until dough forms firm (boronosa). Incorporate the eggs and mix until it forms a ball of dough. If it is too dry add a little bit of water.
- Divided into 6 balls, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one full day.
- Stretch the dough balls with a roll unto round shape baking pans, remove excess side. With a fork do small holes in the dough. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let stand at room temperature.
- On a large round base covered with aluminum foil, place a teaspoon of caramel, then place a circle of backed dough. This so that the base will not move. Cover with a layer of caramel, then another circle of baked dough, and so on until there are six layers.
- For the frosting of the torts chilena first place in a small pot the sugar and water. Mix well. Let it simmer. Bring to a boil until it forms a syrup.
- In a blender, combine the egg whites until fluffy. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until soft. When the syrup is tender, slowly incorporate it into the egg whites and continue beating the mixture slowly. Once it is incorporated set a side to cool.
- With a spatula cover the torta chilena with the frosting and decorate with colored candy.